Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eleven More Days

I have eleven more days here in Brazil, and a whole lot of stuff to accomplish before I go. I love to spin plates, I guess. So, before we leave for the U.S. I need to (mostly) complete a conference paper, pack up a 3 bedroom apartment, teach a class (and transition the students to a new teacher), homeschool my son (we are trying to finish up the last math chapter before we leave), finish buying souvenirs, get to the beach at least once, see a number of friends, attend a festival...I am sure there are a few things that I am forgetting. So, I think this will be my last post until I am back at home. I do have pics from a recent outing...I have had this dress for many years...


I noticed that it was a little tight in the chest area, but I was surprised at how puckered it was in the pictures. I am not sure if my chest has gotten bigger, or if my entire upper body has expanded (fat for sure and muscle I hope), but I don't think I will continue wearing this dress if it looks like this. Maybe I could wear it with a sweater or jacket...I will say that the camisole that I wore under it was not the one that I usually wear, so maybe that made a difference in how the dress fit.

I bought the black purse last fall to use as an everyday purse. I am a serious "bag lady", and I will buy low end and high end (to me). I just like a good purse that "speaks to me" when I pick it up. This one did its job, but the straps are starting to unravel. I am starting to rethink the whole "cheap purse" thing...in the future, I plan to just save and invest in higher quality pieces.

Anyway, I will be back in a couple of weeks!!!

Dress: New York & Company
Purse: St John's Bay, JC Penny
Earrings: Vendor in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers