Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Preferences

 (baby deer at the Salvador City Zoo)

Okay, I know I said that I would not start blogging until September, but I pushed my U.S. departure date up a month, so I will now be leaving in just under 3 weeks! In anticipation, I have actually been dressing myself in "outside" clothes more often and taking pictures. So, I am ready to post. One thing I noticed about my wardrobe is how I really love how certain things fall on me and detest others. Case in point, the outfit that I wore on Monday.




This is my favorite skirt. I love the way it fits perfectly around my waist and gently hugs my hips. The cotton material and the slight a-line makes this an easy and versatile piece that I don't wear often enough. The tank is in one of my favorite colors (my other favorite is green...go Brasil!) and it usually is a bit short, but it works with this skirt. Longer tanks makes this outfit look...dumpy, but here, I look slim and curvy. I like it!

Now this dress, le sigh. I love the color and the material and the shape...but not really on me. Its just a little too flowy and adds weight, in my opinion. The dress is retro; it reminds me of a dress my mom wore in the late 70's - early 80's. So, for nostalgia's sake, I wear it (well, that and the fact that I have limited clothes here in Brazil).


But I just don't feel...my best in this dress. So as I go about my wardrobe overhaul in the next few months, I am going to weed out things that don't make me feel fabulous. I will try to salvage this and other pieces, using what I see on other blogs as guides, but I am vowing to STOP wearing things that make me look dumpy.


yellow blouse: Blue Steel, Brazilian shop
black and white polka dot skirt: New York & Company
dress: Bisou Bisou, J.C. Penney

3 comments:

  1. aaw..you look goorgeous in this dress though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amina...I'm going to try to make it work...maybe add a belt or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog though NP thread on Black fashion blogs:)) Love the dress. I do think you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers