Thursday, July 15, 2010

7/14-7/15

(A traditional Bahian dinner at Axego Restaurant in Pelourhino, Salvador da Bahia, Brazil)

Wednesday was a "work" day, so I had to get up, get out, and get something...done. Haha, I'm corny, yes. Anyway, on Wednesday's I teach a conversational English class at a local educational and cultural center. Its so much fun and so inspirational too. Teaching has long been a vocation of mine, and even if I do not become a professor when I finish this PhD. I will continue to look for opportunities to teach.

The students had previously met my son, F., and requested that he come to the class, so he, another Fulbrighter and friend of mine, and I ventured to the Santo Antonio neighborhood for the class. This was my "work" outfit.


The bottoms are a little snug, I suppose. The top I like...I need to incorporate more red tones into my wardrobe. I need more "work appropriate" tops as well. I don't show my shoes yet cause, basically, all I am wearing are flip flops. I don't really have many options here, but once I get home, I will up my shoe game, I promise. Overall, I was okay with this outfit.

Afterward, we walked down to the historic district of Pelourhino to have dinner at the family owned Axego restaurant. We had a wonderful shrimp moqueca, and F. had octopus stew as well (he had been begging me to make some octopus but I. just. couldn't. so this was the next best thing...probably better).

(Our dinner companion, K.)

Today, I will be working from home and grocery shopping. I am wearing my comfort skirt. F. doesn't like it (he is becoming quite the fashion critic) but it fits and its not butt ugly, so until I can find another denim skirt, this will have to do. Its not "that" bad, is it?




red and black top: Style & co. J.C. Penney
black bottoms: Merona, Target
bikini top: Xilaration, Target
marron tank: New York & Company
denim skirt: Cherokee, Target
wood earrings: Brazilian vendor

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous! I love that top on you. I would love to see more posts about you. What are you getting your Phd in? How did you end up Brazil?

    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gem,

    Thanks! I probably need to do an intro or something on this blog. I actually have another blog that is more personal and cerebral in nature, I suppose. I have not quite figured out how to link the two, if at all, but please feel free to visit it!

    http://musingmae.blogspot.com/

    Moni

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers