Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wintertime and the living is easy...


Today we had a lazy Saturday in the neighborhood. Its winter in Brazil, which means lots of rain here in Bahia, but today we got a bit of a reprieve. I decided it was time to hang out a little bit, so, after F. recovered from his allnighter,

(F. stayed up all night until about 11 am the next day, then passed out on the living room floor.)

we went out to get F. a haircut, visit a local thrift shop, and get some acai and egg cheese sandwiches.




Then we hung out a bit along the coast...

 
(My windblown wash and go was on point today!)

 I decided to wear one of my American Apparel convertible dresses ( I have three, the others are red and brown). I don't plan on buying anything else from the company, after reading about the executives' views on women, black women in particular, but I will get my money's worth with the ones I already own.

Dress: American Apparal
Cami: NewYork & Company 
Purse: Target
Earrings: Dagbovie Designs, gifted
Bracelet: gifted by stranger during the Carnaval street party
Ring: Brazilian shop
 

2 comments:

  1. your hair is beautiful! and love the dress! i don't do american apparel too much...if ever...and especially now knowing they have issues with women like us...i don't even think i want to know...nope i don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, sometimes we just need to not allow negativity into our consciousness...I read a lot of anti-racist/social justice oriented blogs, but there are times when I just have to step away in order to keep my peace of mind...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers