Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to Black, Date Night, and other escapades...

Oi pessoas! This has been a busy week, as always, but I have been making some fashion efforts and taking pictures...here are a few updates!!

First of all, my hair no longer is multicolored (well, not as multicolored as before). I went from this:
Notice the ladybug MAC lipstick



to this:

Color in a bottle: Softsheen Carlson Natural Black. The hair is styled in a twistout.
The dye did not cover all of my gray spots and there is still some reddish brown in parts of my hair, but for the most part it is jet black, which I love. I think the color makes me look a little older, but I still prefer it to the lighter color(s) that I had before. Black makes my curls shine more and I like glossy hair.

So, I went out on a date last week too. We met in trendy Royal Oak and went on a coffee run. We sampled Turkish and Arabic coffee. I preferred the Arabic...it was sweet with a hint of nutmeg. It was a first date with a guy I met online, and I wanted to be cute, but comfortable, so I settled on this outfit:

shirtdress: Mossimo, Target; leggings: NY&C; belt:  NY&C; flats: Bandolino; purse: Kathy VanZeeland; earrings and necklace: indigenous Brazilian vendor (made from guava seeds)



As you can see, red tones are becoming my new signature. I have so much black and brown in my wardrobe, and red is a useful way to jazz it up a bit, especially with my raven hair.

errand running outfit...I really need to deal with my lopsided hair!!!




work meeting outfit: dress: Merona, Target; shoes: Naturalizer; purse: Vittorio, Las Vegas vendor
I also recently got to spend some quality time with my bestie, Y. I need to check to see if I can put her beautiful photo up, but here is mine:


shirt: Express; skirt: Ivete, Brazilian department store; purse: see above; shoes:
The skirt was a bit short, especially considering that my legs are not a toned as I would like. But I am working on that. In the meantime, I think I will not wear this skirt again until I can wear tights (or I trim the fat, whichever comes first).

We went out for fondue and then watched Eat, Pray, Love. I have some things to say about that movie and the book, but I will post on my other blog and then link here, so stay tuned.

I have an orientation at my son's school to go to, but other than that, I have no other engagements until Friday (another date, different guy) so I will post that date night outfit then....peace!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the darker hair on you. You look so polished and vibrant!

    Gem

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers